Monday 14 July 2008

Ready, steady, go...

Last Thursday night I became one of the most happiest men on the planet! Billy sent a text in Uganda informing me that we finally had been granted planning permissions for our proposed building developments at MKCC. Totally Awesome!

As I lay on my bed that night I remembered preaching earlier in the New Year that God's delays were not God's denials and that when things are delayed we are to trust in God because he knows best. In my opinion some great advice for all of us. King David came to the conclusion in his life that, 'As for God his way is perfect..' Ps 18:30.

I tell you a miracle has taken place! God has worked for us and I recognise his hand in bringing about the changes that will carry us forward. Stop for a moment and thank God with me for all he has done for us. Earlier this year things started to look pretty bleak for our proposed building developments. People were not favourable towards it, planning rejected it and even our reputation in the community was undermined. I felt discouraged and disappointed and yet I felt God's love, grace and strength come to my life and I knew he was with us and for us and we were on the right track.

The journey over the last six months has been amazing and God has made a way. Today we stand on the eve of greater things. I am so excited!

We are now starting to gear up for the imminent changes due to take place shortly as the building work commences. It feels like we are now on the starting blocks awaiting the starting pistol to be fired. We are living in exciting times and our future beckons us forward. Let's all be ready to seize our day and make history together for Jesus!

No comments: