I believe that nothing speaks to others more loudly than generosity in a persons life. If you are a leader reading this then get this right. True generosity is not an occasional event! (I could tell of many stories here but will refrain to do so). True generosity comes from the heart and it permeates every aspect of a Christ followers life, and it touches your time, money, talents and possessions.
In my opinion true Christ followers don't gather things just for themselves but they do it in order to give to others.
How do you cultivate the quality of generosity in your life? Could I suggest you try the following:
1. Be content and grateful for whatever you have. The bible tells us that this is a mature place to live and you will gain much by remaining with this attitude.
2. Put people first in your life. Jesus did!
3. Don't allow the desire for possessions to control you.
4. See money as a tool, as resource.
5. Develop the habit of giving. Intentionally start to do it today, be creative.
I read this recently that inspired me, 'Just the very act of letting go of money, or some other treasure, does something within us. It destroys the demon 'greed'.
I want to challenge everyone at MKCC to live a life committed to generosity in everything we do. This will truly allow us to make an impact in the lives of people around us and enable us together to make an impact on this city for Jesus.