Wednesday 16 July 2008

Leadership thought...

What's the heart of leadership form Jesus's point of view?

I think it can be summed up in John 13:4-5 (NIV) 'So he got up from the meal. took of his outer clothing, and wrapped a towel aroubd his waist. After that, He poured water into a basin and began to wash his disciples feet.' Every time I meditate on this scripture it just blows me away. I have often thought, where are the leaders that are really prepared to live out this Christlike leadership characteristic today.

Jesus said to them, “The kings of the Gentiles lord it over them; and those who exercise authority over them call themselves Benefactors. But you are not to be like that. Instead, the greatest among you should be like the youngest, and the one who rules like the one who serves. Luke 22:25-26 (NIV)

I desire to lead like Jesus with a servant heart. To do this I need to:

1. Have a genuine desire to serve others.
2. Serve out of love for people because Jesus did.
3. Initiate service to others. Set the pace and challenge the culture.
4. Posses a confidence as you serve.
5. Focus on service and not your position.

I once heard it said that the extent of your influence depends on the depth of your concern for others.' That's why is is important for leaders to be willing to serve.

Join me in the pursuit of becoming a leader like Jesus.

No comments: