Saturday 27 June 2009

A Heathy Soul Builds a Health Life

How healthy is your soul?

John once wrote, 'Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers' 3 John 2

What is happening on the inside affects what is happening on the outside! I believe the soul is the engine room of our lives. When the core of our being is unhealthy, it has a significant effect on everything else.

King David would often speak to his own soul when he felt distressed on the inside, ' Why are you cast down, o my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God; for I shall yet praise Him, the help of my countenance and my God' Ps 42:11

This verse particularly paints a picture of someone who refuses to be dictated to by unproductive feelings or negative thoughts. He takes responsibility and takes command over his own soul and pointed his inner world towards hope.

I love this and over the next few posts will share about how to build a heathy soul. Remember, no one will ever be as passionate about your personal health and development more than YOU, so make some good decisions and look after yourself.

No comments: