I remember reading somewhere that teachers report that people learn more effectively in short regular periods than in long, infrequent blocks of time.
John Maxwell shares his weekly development plan that I have tried to adopt (I am not always successful, but it is good to aim at something rather than do nothing!)
- Monday: One hour with God
- Tuesday: One hour listening to a leadership CD/Podcast etc
- Wednesday: One hour with the same leadership CD/Podcast incuding time filing notes on the highlights and reflecting on what is learned.
- Thursday: One hour reading a leadership book
- Friday: Another hour with the same leadership book, including time filing notes on the highlights and reflecting on what is learned.
This is a challenging plan but I recommend you have a shot! In addition to this go through other good materials whilst traveling or sitting around. Time that some would consider dead time and use it wisely. Cut out articles, quotes, artworks etc that may be useful.More to follow .....