Wednesday 3 December 2008

Wedding Anniversary

It was Alison and my 20th wedding anniversary today. Hip hip.....!! Flowers, After Eights and a bottle of Baileys as suprises set the tone for the day.

After work, I raced home to get changed for a night out with my girl. My mother-in-law came round to look after our kids and we set off for a fantastic curry at the Bekash Indian restaurant in Stony Stratford. It was awesome! Great food, I highly recommend it. We sat and chatted the whole time like true friends do and I couldn't believe how quickly time passed by. We then headed off to Cineworld at Exscape central MK to watch the new film Four Christmas's. It was very funny in places. The Nativity scene was a blast!

It was a lovely night and one I wished could have lasted a little longer and another celebration I will never forget. I love her so much and I value her more and more as the years have gone by. She is my best friend and yes, I would do the 20yrs all over again if I had the choice.

After all this time I still love to open the car door for her and know she likes me to do this for her. It makes her feel a little special and sends the clear signal of putting her first. Something I think we husbands should practice a little more often and it doesn't cost us anything. We just need to remember to do it!

Thanks Alison for sharing your life with me, you truly are a gift from God. Love you!

No comments: