Thursday 20 September 2007

No room for hypocrites in the house

How easy it is to spot faults in others but fail to see your own. Ever given advice but fail to take it yourself. Ever told someone they are out of control when you lose control yourself. Ever told someone they needed to forgive but you needed to forgive?

Jesus said,'remove the speck out of your own eye before you try and take the beam out of someone else's.' Here he exposes the behaviour of hypocrites and challanges them to change their ways. I dislike the thought of ever being labeled a hypocrite by anyone let alone God. What about you?

I remember discovering this verse as a teenager and thinking, before I give out any advice to others, I need to make sure I am living it myself. I have always held to that value in my life to this day.

In my opinion, we need to take stock of our lives on a regular basis and identify the areas we know we need to work on.

I refuse to live a superficial Christian life. I want to be known as a genuine Christ follower.

No comments: