Tuesday 25 September 2007

A work in progress..

I enjoyed a brilliant weekend with my friend Andrew Shearman who was our guest speaker at MKCC on Sunday 23 Sept 07. His ministry was exceptional as always! There were several challenging points he made but one stuck in my mind that I knew I needed to think more about it. The point? God will always challenge hypocrisy.

I am learning to write down key things that I hear and then seek to work them through in my quiet times before God. I realise that God is the builder of my life and I want to listen and make any changes necessary. We are all a work in progress!

Regularly measure the integrity of your life. Does what you believe and how you act match up? Is your life littered with unfulfilled commitments? Do you really practice what you preach? Never forget your life is on show to your world and we are broadcasting 24/7.

Jesus always challenged hypocrisy in his day. He could see past the surface of a persons life and see right into the heart. He sees all our play acting, insincerity and all our motives. To the Pharasees he said, you think you are okay because you look the part on the outside but on the inside, in your heart where it really matters, you have missed it by a mile and you are way off target. You impress others with your religious performance but not me! WOW! What about you?

I don't know about you I want to walk closely with God and I want him to use me as he wills. I desire my life to reflect everything I believe and the God whom I serve. What about you? Are you courageous enough to open up your life to God and respond to the challenges he brings?

No comments: