1. This is the first Sunday of the New Year and all three services seemed well attended. Kidz church and our youth programmes kicked off and are back in full swing.
It was great to see everyone and chat a few about the wonderful time they have had over the Christmas holiday.
2. Although we were light on musicians Ian did a great job. We sang, 'I surrender' and the words impacted me again 'everything I am and ever will be I surrender to you.'
3. We started a new series called surrender. Billy designed a great intro bumper video that worked really well.
4. We explored two Key thoughts regarding Surrender (1) True surrender is a condition of the heart. Where is your heart entering 2009? Are you just going through Going through the motions? (2) True Surrender involves pursuit. We are called to follow Jesus. As we follow we will learn, grow and develop in or relationship with God.
5. It was great to see 100's people at the end of our services kneel with me in total surrender to Jesus. We gave our heart and all it represents to Jesus and commited to pursuing him in 2009. Whatever the next year brings we will trust in God, pursue his ways and know that he is with us.
6. It's Life Groups this coming week so we will continue to talk about Surrender there. I encourage you to be creative in helping each other grow closer to Jesus!
7. I am grateful to God to be apart of a wonderful church.