Tuesday 4 November 2008

Family time is precious

Just had a few days with my family in the Peak District. We stayed at my parents house which is always a pleasure and we get really looked after. Over the years I have appreciated my parents more and more and know how blessed I am to have such wonderful folks.

I went fishing with my eldest Son Wesley for around 4 hours at Rudyard lake which was cold early in the morning but when the sun came up it was awesome. The scenery is beautiful there and it was so quiet! It was brilliant just to sit and chat with my dad about life; something I wished we had done more often when I was growing up and living at home.


Alison and I enjoyed several hours alone talking and drinking coffee in Buxton at the old pavilion overlooking the park. Buxton is a fabulous town in the Peak District and well worth a visit.

As we sat there talking I thought I really enjoy my life with Alison. I value, honour and appreciate her so very much and know that without her I could not do what I do. AND YES, I would marry her and have our life over again if I had the choice!

My mum cooked some LARGE northern dishes for us during our stay, and I mean large!! I could hardly walk away from the table after dinner. However, my favourite food at there house has to be the Bacon and Cheese sandwiches with an Oat Cake we have for breakfast - LOVELY.

We walked down to Leek town centre, visited shops, the old Market, the library, school and college I attended. You can imagine the stories I told of my childhood and youth! We walked through Brough Park which used to be my old stomping ground and the memories started to flow back into my mind from Childhood - Just Brilliant!

We had time to rest, relax with friends and family and regained strength to continue the great challenge before us in Milton keynes.

Thanks to mum and dad, you are precious and I have to say, that there will never be a place quite like home!

No comments: