Thursday 30 October 2008

The Lord is my shepherd....

King David, described the Lord as a shepherd. David had also been a shepherd and no doubt saw God this way because of his own leadership bias. Throughout the Bible we see the term 'shepherd' to illustrate God's character and leadership.

He alone is the one who can lead us over the mountain tops, through valleys, through the difficulties and challenges of life to pastures green.

I am reminded today that he is my provider (v1), it is him who give me rest (v2), He confidently leads (v3), He renews and restore (v3), He guides and restores (v3) He protects (v4) He corrects and comforts (v4), He feeds and anoints (v5), He loves (v6) He offers security and assures goodness and mercy to follow us. I love the end of this Psalm 23 because with this revelation of God in his life David says, 'And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever'. What about you?

No comments: