Thursday 27 November 2008

A short thought about influence..

I read toady that Sociologists tell us that 'even the most introverted individual will influence ten thousand other people during their life time.'

FLIP! If that is true, we all need to realise that our daily lives are more significant than we think. I sat back in my chair and thought about this and felt incredibly challenged. It made me think about what kind of influence I had been in the the lives of the people I was privileged to spend time with today. Not always easy evaluating yourself and being honest is it? But I think it is necessary for your growth, especially as a leader. Never forget, the worse person to deceive in life is yourself! People are God's treasure and we need to learn to value them in the same way.

I really want to influence people for good and for God as I see it as a worth while anthem to commit to for life. Image your influence being multiplied through all the lives of the people you meet; it's remarkable and very powerful. Your influence can be for good or bad, so make sure you get it right! Realising the power you possess to influence others is your responsibility.

I challenge you to think about this and be more diligent and thoughtful about the way you live your life.

No comments: