Tuesday 17 June 2008

Sharing the load

My wife is a superstar! She works so hard and is always active in the home with never ending chores, caring for my two boys and me, busy with church activities and also in her many responsibilities in her work at the hospital. I often admire all that she does and often wonder how she keeps it all together. She is selfless in her approach to life and enjoys serving and helping others in any way she can. She is busy from dawn to dusk and I have to say I appreciate and love her so much.

This weekend sees her running an annual ladies retreat which is a great blessing to the ladies who go on it. This year I know will be no exception. However, she arrived home today totally shattered and frustrated. I knew she was under pressure with lots to do.

Seeing she needed me, I stepped in to rescue my girl as she has done for me on many occasions. Together we worked through all the issues and conquered the mountains that seemed overwhelming to her. Sometimes as a guy you need to take control and let your girl know you are there for her. I helped her make important decisions and prioritise her work and told her to work things through and I would take care of things tonight. I sorted the boys out for their dinner, took my youngest to his youth club, cooked us a nice dinner, washed up, cleaned up, got the washing in from off the line and collected my youngest. All this gave her the space to do what she needed to do.

Tackling life and ministry is all about team work and you have got to be sensitive to each other and at times share the load and support each other.

No comments: