Monday 26 October 2009

Faith & generosity are linked.

Growing faith is expressed in growing generosity.

Stop and think about this for a moment.

I really believe a generous spirit is a key towards true spiritual maturity. I am talking about much more than just money here!

Holding on to what we have and not living a generous life is actually saying:
1. I do not trust God
2. I am focused on my needs, my desires, my plans, my pleasures as a priority
3. I am disobedient to the words of Jesus
4. I am not growing in faith
5. I do not want to become Christ-like
6. All I have is mine and not God's
7. I am not interested in using my resources to build God's kingdom, I'll leave it to the few.

Jesus said, 'hold on to your own life and you will lose it.' A sobering thought hey! Living a generous life ultimately leads us to living a selfless life and desiring to fulfil the purposes of God in our daily lives. No short cuts here, it's a life that is NOT about ME but is a life fully surrendered to JESUS. To follow Jesus, we have to take up our cross and follow him. He said it! Think about this and what it means to you.

Are you holding on? God wants to use you but you have to be willing to die to self and live for Christ. All that we have and are belongs to him and we live in this life for an audience one one - Jesus.

Let's not hold on but rather be ready to release, share, let go, bless, and see what God will do.

Know this that you are blessed to BE a blessing. So.... let the blessing begin.

Can you imagine what 1000's of people living a generous life would look like?

No comments: