Monday 19 October 2009

The Danger of Indecision

Read this article today and thought it was excellent - check it out!

Jim Rohn says, “Indecision is the thief of opportunity.” Some of my greatest regrets have been times in my own leadership when I struggled with indecision and shortly afterward I watched prime opportunities slip right past me. You see indecision becomes decision over time.

There seem to be four primary reasons a leader struggles with indecision.

1. They’re afraid of failing

2. They’re afraid of disappointing others

3. They’re afraid a better opportunity or more information will come along after they have made their decision

4. They’re afraid to totally trust God for the outcome (Proverbs 3:4-5)

So if you are struggling with indecision keep these things in mind…


My indecision may increases my stress level and decreases my ability to think clearly

My indecision may injure my leadership credibility with those who follow me

My indecision may cause my organization to miss a golden opportunity

My indecision may be permitting others who shouldn’t be in control, to be in control

My indecision may hurt the morale and momentum of the team

My indecision may cause me to miss a miraculous provision from God

In his book War As I Knew It, General George S. Patton wrote: “Don’t delay. The best is the enemy of the good. A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.”

Decisions can make or break a leaders confidence and credibility, so decide now to decide well.

No comments: