Sunday 26 July 2009

A Friday Rant…No Excuse For Yelling At A Woman!!!

I Thought this was excellent from Perry Noble and I highly endorse it.

The other night I sat down to watch “The Break Up” with Vince Vaughn and Jennifer Anniston and had to turn the channel…I could not watch it!

NOW…PLEASE…this is NOT a blog where I rip movies apart. I am not anti-entertainment…but something happened in the first five minutes of the show that literally broke my heart and pissed me off at the same time…

The man (Vince) yelled at the woman (Jennifer)–A LOT!!!

I can’t handle that!!! (I know, I know…in the movie they were not married–which is another issue altogether…just stay with me here!)

Dudes that yell at women (and/or hit a woman) are pathetic wusses! It is absolutely inexcusable!!! There is NO WAY a man can say he is loving his wife as Christ loved the church and also yell at his bride (see Ephesians 5:25-27…she’s supposed to be washed with our words–not tarnished with them! When she walks away from us she should do so without wrinkle or stain or blemish–period!!!)

And men, sometimes we yell when we don’t think we are yelling…

Very early in our marriage Lucretia and I had a disagreement…and we were “discussing” it. The next day after this had taken place we were talking about the incident and she made the remark that she didn’t like it when I yelled at her. I thought back to the argument and didn’t recall yelling at all, so I told her, “Honey, I didn’t yell at you.”

She then went on to explain to me that, though I didn’t yell, that I did raise my voice quite a few times…and to her that was the same.

Since that time I’ve had to be VERY careful when we “discuss” issues to not raise my voice and/or yell.

NOW…do I want to yell sometimes? YES!!! (I just yelled that by typing in all caps!) (One more thing…usually I want to yell when I am getting my butt kicked, thinking that will turn the attention elsewhere!)

BUT…I am constantly reminded that one of the fruits of the Spirit is SELF CONTROL (Galatians 5:22-23) I can’t be “out of control” and be in step with the One who lives in me.

Men, we can’t yell at our wives…they are to be treated as gifts so that our prayers will be effective (I Peter 3:7). God really does care about how His daughters are spoken to!!!

And single ladies…if you are dating a dude who yells at you now…drop him like a bad habit!!! Seriously…you deserve so much better than that. If he loses his temper with you now…well…in MOST cases it only gets worse!

No comments: