Friday 15 August 2008

Phaze2 Camp

Yesterday I traveled up to the Frontier Centre adventure Centre at Irthlingborough Northamptonshire to join our leaders and young people at the Phaze2 camp. I was the guest speaker for the night and I couldn't wait to surprise, shock and embarrass etc etc my son Wesley who thought he escaped his parents for a week - The leaders kept it a secret from him - I loved it!!

Here are a few highlights:

1. We are privileged to have great leaders working with our young people. Ryan, you are the man and looked cool with the headset on!

2. The kids were building great friendships and were really sad that camp was coming to an end. They were left wanting more time together - Fantastic.

3. Some guys from a church in Rushden joined with our guys and really seemed to fit it well with our young people.

4. There were so many activities on site to keep our guys active.

5. I missed dinner but Nicola rescued me and made me a bacon sandwich.

6. I loved going round all the kids talking to them about the week. It was all brilliant stuff.

7. The evening meeting was brilliant. We watched crazy video's, sang awesome worship songs, some of the young people sang, danced and played instruments before I spoke. These kids are really talented!

8. I spoke to them about becoming a 'polished arrow' Isa 49:1-3 and how God has chosen them, has a plan for their lives, wants them to co-operate with his work in their lives and hit the target 'bulls eye' he has purposed for them. Almost everyone responded to God at the end and we prayed together. Awesome!

9. I drove away after supper (a nice mug of chocolate and a muffin) feeling this was a good night the future for MKCC is bright!

10. It was the last night on camp so I know that midnight feasts were going to happen and tomorrow would see many kids probably high as a kite on a huge sugar rush!

Until next year - Awesome guys!

No comments: