Thursday 10 December 2009

Calling Jesus Lord is not good enough to get you into heaven!

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven." Matt 7:21

Jesus reall just says it as it is. You see it's easy to just say the words but what Jesus wants from us is to be fully surrendered to his Lordship and living a life of obediance to God's will. I will say this again in case you missed it, OBEDIANT TO GOD'S WILL in your life. Many struggle with this and have even walked away from Jesus because the ask is to great. I think this is where the rubber really hits the road for us who profess to be fully devoted followers of Christ.

I once heard someone say, "It is not how high you can jump that matters, but how straight you can walk when you hit the ground again." You may be able to say all the 'right things'. but if your faith does not impact the way you live, it is meaningless. In truth, you may not have a real relationship with God!

I once read something that really challenged me and I will leave it with you to think about. This was engraved on a Cathedral wall in Germany:

Thus speaketh Christ our Lord to us,

"You call me master and you obey me not;
you call me light and you see me not;
You call me the way and walk me not;
You call me life and live me not:
You call me wise and follow me not;
You call me fair and love me not:
You call me rich and ask me not;
You call me eternal and seek me not;
If I condemn you, blame me not."


I simply believe that God is looking for genuine believers whose walk matches their talk. What about you?

No comments: