Thursday 1 April 2010

So what is a disciple? (Part 5)

This will be my last blog on this...

A disciple is someone who:

5. Is dedicated to the fulfillment of the Great Commission.

Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." Matt 28:18-20 (NIV)

These words are known as the great commission but sadly in many Christians lives and churches it is more like the 'great omission'.

The ultimate goal of our discipleship is to disciple others. We are not called to make converts only but to make disciples.

We can only disciple others in those areas in which we have become a disciple ourselves.

So....How are you doing?

There are other things I could continue to write about but feel my last 5 blogs are some of the areas in which I have been challenged about.

No comments: