This week I had the opportunity to spend some time with Ian Mcmonagle a leadership coach who challenged me to the core. One challenging session was about inner freedom and I want to share a few things with you about this.
Apostle Paul once said, 'for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty, I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation...'
I discovered this week that the commandos, during world war two paraphrased this as their motto. Interesting...
Think about this for a while, 'Simplicity is not to do with what you own, but is to do with not letting what you own own you'
How can you be content?
1. Learn to be grateful
2. Do not be enslaved by the opinions of others. Be true to yourself.
3. Have realistic expectations. Know the facts, don't be ruled by your feelings
4. Simplify - the way to be rich is not by increasing our wealth, but by diminishing our desires
5. Have a clear sense of destiny, sort out your priorities, know where you are going, know what you're building
6. Slow down, get free from the tyranny of the urgent and discover what is truly important
7. Learn to enjoy the present
Suggest you STOP RIGHT NOW and take the time to think about what you need to do to be truly free.