Thanks to Tony Morgan for posting this!
Here are my top 10 leadership quotes from the Global Leadership Summit last week.
1. “An organization is not truly great if it can’t be great without you.” –Jim Collins
2. “Too often we argue about Christianity instead of marveling at Jesus.” –John Ortberg
3. “Don’t just delegate tasks to the next generation. If you delegate tasks, you create followers. Instead delegate authority to create leaders.” –Craig Groeschel
4. “You are the most difficult person you will ever lead.” –Bill Hybels
5. “The signature of mediocrity is not unwillingness to change. The true signature of mediocrity is chronic inconsistency.” –Jim Collins
6. “People need to be reminded more than they need to be instructed.” –Patrick Lencioni
7. “When you are angry, you will make the best speech you will ever regret.” –William Ury
8. “When you’re in a position of authority, you need truth-tellers around you.” –Condoleezza Rice
9. “I failed him for two years because I was too chicken to have the difficult conversation.” –Bill Hybels
10. “The morale failure of a leader will challenge the integrity of others as well.” –Mario Vega
Now go print these out and put them in a prominent place to remind you daily what great leaders are learning and grow with them!