Tuesday 7 September 2010

One is too small a number to achieve greatness

A Chinese Proverb I recently read states. 'behind an able man there are always other able men.' The trust is that teamwork is at the heart of every great achievement. The question isn't whether teams have value. The question is whether we acknowledge the that fact and become better team players.

Einstein once remarked, 'Many times a day I realise how much my own outer and inner life is built upon the labours of my fellow men, both living and dead, and how earnestly I must exert myself in order to give in return as much as I have received'. WOW!! How awesome is that.

President Lyndon Johnson said, 'There are no problems we cannot solve together, and very few we can solve ourselves.' Why try and go it alone? You've probably heard this before but, even the Lone Ranger rode with Tonto!

I am convinced that team work is and has always been essential where there is anything significant happens.

Teams involve more people that hols more resource, ideas and energy than anyone individual can have.

Teams maximise a leaders potential and minimise weaknesses.

Teams provide multiple perspectives on how to meet a need or reach a goal.

Teams share the credit for victories and the blame for losses. I think this is at the core of fostering genuine humility and authentic community.

Teams are accountable for keeping the goal in focus.

Individuals play the game, but teams win championships.

No comments: